Dedicated Attorneys Serving Construction Accident Victims in Salina
Accidents and injuries can happen on any job site, leaving you with serious and potentially disabling injuries. Unfortunately, workers in the construction industry tend to face greater risks due to the nature of their jobs and the types of equipment they work with. At Neustrom & Associates, our attorneys are here when these accidents occur to assist you in getting benefits to cover the medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses you suffer.
Common Causes of Construction Accidents
According to the latest statistics from the Kansas Department of Labor (DOL), more than 31,000 workers in our state suffered on-the-job injuries in 2017, an increase of roughly 10 percent over the previous years figures. Roughly a third of these cases caused job absences of 30 days or longer as workers struggled to recover from their injuries.
Of those employees most at risk for workplace injuries, workers in the construction field are at the top of the list. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) reports that in general, these workers face increased risks, with injuries that tend to be more severe. Common types of construction accidents include:
- Falls, due to working at heights and on ladders or scaffolding;
- Being struck by or against heavy objects and machinery;
- Electrocutions and burns as the result of wiring issues;
- Getting caught or crushed in between objects, such as loading platforms.
Referred to by OSHA as construction’s ‘fatal four’, the above can leave construction workers unable to work or provide for their families. Other common causes of construction injuries include truck and vehicle accidents, along with respiratory illnesses due to exposure to asbestos and other toxic substances. At Neustrom & Associates, we represent workers who have suffered these and other types of job-related accidents and illnesses, and can assist you in getting the compensation you need to recover.
Compensation for Construction Accident Injuries
If you have suffered injuries as the result of a construction accident, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. Based on the circumstances and the severity of your injuries, these may include:
- Medical expenses, including doctor visits, diagnostic testing, treatments, and medications, along with transportation costs to and from your appointment;
- Lost wages, which may total up to two thirds of your average gross wages;
- Temporary disability benefits, to compensate you for partial or total impairments that impact your ability to work or do your job on a temporary basis;
- Permanent disability benefits, which compensate you for any lasting impairments resulting from your injuries.
In cases where on the job injuries prove fatal, your surviving family members may be entitled to benefits. These include reimbursement for funeral expenses and compensation for future losses in earnings.
Our Salina, Kansas Attorneys Are Here to Help
Workplace accidents in the construction field are unfortunately common. If you or a loved one has suffered these types of injuries, call or contact Neustrom & Associates online today. We can arrange a free consultation with our Salina workers’ compensation attorneys who can advise you on the best course of action to get the benefits you deserve.