Semi-Truck/Big Rig Accidents
Talented Accident Attorneys Serving Kansas
Crashes and collisions involving semi-tractor trucks and other big rigs are an unfortunately common occurrence in Kansas. Due to their large size and bulk, when these accidents do happen, it is often drivers and passengers in other vehicles who suffer the most serious injuries. At Neustrom & Associates, our experienced Kansas truck accident attorneys provide the aggressive legal representation you need in these types of cases. We have successfully represented over 3,000 people with vehicular and personal injury cases, including numerous clients harmed by truck collisions.
Kansas Truck Accidents and Injuries
The trucking industry provides a valuable service, shipping goods and services we rely upon daily throughout the state and in other parts of the country. While the increasing demand for products supplied by tractor trailers and other big rigs creates jobs, it also increases the risk for truck accidents and injuries.
According to the Kansas Department of Transportation (KSDOT), roughly 1,200 truck accidents occur throughout our state each year, resulting in thousands of injuries and close to 100 deaths. An average of 12 truck accidents occur each day and while road, traffic, weather conditions often play a role, it is generally the negligent and reckless actions of truck drivers that are to blame. KSDOT surveys indicate the leading factors responsible for truck accidents include:
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Disregarding traffic rules and signals;
- Aggressive driving, such as tailgating and failure to yield;
- Distracted driving, including the use of cellphones and texting;
- Drowsy driving, which includes driving while excessively tired as well as falling asleep behind the wheel;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or prescription and over the counter medications.
While truck drivers are ultimately responsible for their own behavior, trucking companies often share a portion of the blame for practices that put their drivers and other motorists at risk.
Compensation for Truck Accidents and Injuries
At Neustrom & Associates, our experienced Kansas truck accident attorneys are dedicated to getting victims of crashes and collisions the compensation they need to recover from their injuries. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), trucking companies often play a role in putting motorists at risk through the following:
- Neglecting driver training and not acting on information in background checks;
- Failing to provide proper maintenance on their vehicles;
- Pushing truckers to meet tight time schedules;
- Not providing truckers the required number of breaks or demanding multiple shifts.
In these types of situations the trucking company itself, along with the truck driver, can be held liable for any injuries and damages you suffer.
We Can Help You Today
When truck accidents impact you or someone you care about, Neustrom & Associates provides the experienced legal representation you need. Call or contact our Kansas truck accident attorneys online and request a consultation to see how we can help you.