Uninsured Motorist Accidents
Dedicated Attorneys Serving Clients in Kansas
Even a seemingly minor car accident can leave you suffering serious and potentially disabling injuries. When another driver causes as a result of a crash or collision, you may be unable to work or even perform simple daily tasks, while needed ongoing medical care and treatment. While you may look towards their car insurance company to reimburse you for your losses, what happens if the driver was uninsured? At Neustrom & Associates, our Kansas car accident attorneys fight for your rights, and can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Kansas Car Accidents Involving Uninsured Drivers
All drivers in the state are required to maintain a minimum level of automobile insurance coverage and the Kansas legislature has enacted numerous measures designed to enforce these requirements. Unfortunately, minimum limits currently pushed by companies like Geico and The General only offer $25,000 in coverage. So it is important to get good liability coverage on your auto, as that is what you can collect, if the other driver in uninsured.
At Neustrom & Associates, we represent victims who have suffered injuries as the result of car accidents involving uninsured drivers. Depending on the circumstances surrounding the accident and who was to blame, we may be able to assist you in the following:
- Filing an insurance company claim. Kansas is known as a ‘no fault’ insurance state. This means that the Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage you carry on your vehicle may be enough to cover the damages you suffer.
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit. If your insurance company refuses to pay or your costs exceed your coverage limits, you may be entitled to collect compensation directly from the at fault driver by filing a personal injury lawsuit.
- Bring a claim against your company for your injury damages. This is an uninsured motorist claim. It does not raise your rates. It is coverage you buy to protect yourself. Your company is adverse to you and can and will defend itself from your claim.
Compensation for Car Accidents Involving Uninsured Motorists
Under the Kansas Statutes, you may be able to hold at fault drivers accountable for their actions through a personal injury lawsuit seeking compensation for the damages you suffered as the result of your car accident. At Neustrom & Associates, our car accident attorney will work with you to gather evidence in your case, while helping you determine the total amount of both current and future expenses you are likely to suffer. Damages you may be entitled to in your case include:
- Compensation for medical expenses, including follow up visits, diagnostic testing and treatment, medications, and physical rehabilitation;
- Compensation for lost wages and future losses in income and benefits you are likely to suffer due to your injuries;
- Compensation for pain, suffering, scarring, disfigurement, or mental anguish caused by your car accident;
- Punitive damages, which is compensation meant to punish the at fault party for conduct that was particularly willful and reckless.
Let Us Help You Today
If you were injured as the result of an uninsured driver, call or contact our Kansas car accident attorneys. At Neustrom & Associates, we fight to hold these drivers accountable, so you can get the compensation you need to recover. Request a consultation to discuss your case in our Salina office today.