Salina Motorcycle Accident Injury Attorneys
We represent motorcycle accident victims so they can focus on what’s most important, their recovery.
- Motorcycles are fun. It’s an experience that is more exhilarating than riding in a car. That being said, the same features that make motorcycle riding fun, make them more vulnerable. People do not pay enough attention driving and pull out in front of motorcycles or fail to yield. A motorcycle does not have the protection of an enclosed car space and lacks the safety features of a car such as airbags. Because of all of this, a motor vehicle crash involving a motorcycle can lead to extremely severe injuries for any riders.
- At Neustrom & Associates, we have proudly served those injured in motorcycle crashes since 1979. We have sponsored the Salina Toy Run for several years. Your injuries may have far reaching effects on your life. Focus on getting back on track. We’ll handle all of the legal battles and stand by your side every step of the way.
Depending on the nature of the crash, motorcycles may propel the rider off upon impact, the bike may tip over, or it may even skid across the pavement. All lead to injuries that require immediate medical care and consistent follow up treatment.
The most common types of motorcycle injuries include:
- Head injuries: Whether it be a concussion or a permanent traumatic brain injury, head injuries require full medical evaluations and monitoring. Symptoms can range from headaches and dizziness to loss of consciousness, motor functions or any of your senses. While it has been found that helmet use can decrease the chances of sustaining fatal head injuries and severe traumatic brain injuries, motorcyclists are still susceptible to sustaining head injuries, as well as back and neck trauma in accidents.
- Neck injury: Cervical spine disc fractures, herniated discs, and soft tissue injuries in the neck can all result from a motorcycle crash. In extreme cases, a neck injury can lead to spinal cord injury, paralysis or death.
- Road rash: This injury is more unique to motorcycle riders as compared to other motorists that are involved in a crash. Road rash occurs when a rider slides across the pavement following a motorcycle crash. The concrete road rubs the skin as the body moves across. Protective clothing can help prevent or reduce the severity of road rash. It is more than just a skin abrasion or a bruise. Road rash, especially when it is not properly treated, can lead to skin irritations and infections. It can also lead to permanent nerve damage.
- Leg injury: Injuries to the lower half of the body are common results of motorcycle crashes. Bones may be shattered or fractured upon impact. If a motorcycle lands on its side, it can crush and trap the rider’s leg underneath. Riders are also susceptible to broken arms or legs when bracing for impact.
We are serious personal injury attorneys committed to fighting for the rights of our biker friends. Contact us today.
Motorcycles present unique riding experiences and serious dangers, but you have a right to the road and the same rights as other drivers. If you have been injured due to the negligence of another driver, you have the legal right to receive compensation for the harm and all losses you have sustained. At Neustrom & Associates, we have the specialized knowledge to help you win your fight. Contact our office today for a free initial consultation.